19th century French School oil painting on carton signed by E. Cuisinier ( 1857-1917). The carton is smooth to the touch.
An Impressionist landscape with clear light and a bright and light colored pastel palette. The juxtaposition of the brushstrokes is visible and gives a beautiful movement to the view.
More about the artist: Jules-Edmond Cuisinier was a French painter and engraver part of the Barbizon School, born on November 16, 1857 in Alénya (Pyrénées-Orientales) and died January 8, 1917 in Paris. He painted marine work and landscapes near Paris or Brittany. Cuisinier had a magnificent depth to his work with a captivating chiaroscuro technique.
- Overall size: 7" x 11.2" / 18.5cm x 28.5cm.
- Size without the frame: 5.5" x 9.4" / 14.5cm x 24.5cm.
- Provenance: France.
- Signed: Jules-Edmond Cuisinier (1857-1917).
- Date: Early 20th century.
- Condition: The carton is in very good condition despite some small stains on the sky. The frame has some impacts and small losses but the condition is very good too.
- Materials: Oil on carton.
- Shipping: Free Worldwide DHL Express to USA & Europe (with a surcharge for Australia/New Zealand)