Original antique portrait: French school of the XIXth century oil on canvas signed Victor Pierre Ménard (1857-1938).
A portrait marked by a powerful chiaroscuro adding to the enigmatic figure of this model. Ménard, who is above all a portrait artist, succeeded here in offering us a moment that reflects an inner life, a detailed face, charged with emotion where the model seems to reveal something.
- Overall size: 21.6" x 18.1" / 55cm x 46cm.
- Provenance: France.
- Signed: Yes, Victor Pierre Ménard (1857-1938).
- Date: XIXth century.
- Condition: The work has visible veins and cracks due to age. There are a few small holes and material losses on the sides.
- Materials: Oil on stretched canvas.
- Shipping: Free Worldwide DHL Express to USA & Europe (otherwise free shipping via Colissimo).