Fine European Antique Oil Painting: A realistic work with an impressionist approach to its lines and its movement. The palette is powerful in the oscillation of its pearl and clay gray tones. The natural light of the work is in perfect harmony with its dimensional frame.
About the artist: Albert Mascaux (1900-1963) was only 15 years old when he discovered a passion for the sea. He painted many scenes of the North Sea, but his primary subject was Ardennes landscapes, of the Black Country. Several of his works are in Belgian Museums, such as Charleroi, Mons, and La Louvière.
- Overall size: 16.5" x 19.2" / 42cm x 49cm.
- Size without the frame: 10.6" x 12.9" / 27cm x 33.5cm.
- Provenance: Belgium.
- Signed: Yes, Albert Mascaux (1900-1963).
- Date: Early-1900's.
- Condition: The canvas is in excellent condition. The frame also despite some stains on the interior coating.
- Materials: Oil on wood.
- Shipping: Free Worldwide DHL Express to USA & Europe, with a surcharge for Australia.