Antique French oil portrait painting: A beautiful painting from the XIX century French school. This portrait of an elegant man, certainly part of the bourgeoisie, has great technical mastery. The realism of the facial features is exquisite. The painter reproduced perfectly the physiognomic details thanks to the mastered use of light and shadows on the features. The slightly severe expression of the model is brought to perfection and electrifies the gaze of whoever crosses it.
- Overall size: 26.7" x 20.4" / 68cm x 52.5cm.
- Size without the frame: 23.6" x 17.3" / 60cm x 44.3cm.
- Provenance: France.
- Signed: No.
- Date: 1900's.
- Condition: Some veins on the canvas and some slight discoloration in the corners. A small indentation in the upper left corner. Some losses on the frame but the global condition is good for the age overall.
- Materials: Oil on stretched canvas.
- Shipping: Free Worldwide DHL Express to USA & Europe (otherwise free shipping via Colissimo).