Antique French oil painting: This tableau is from Pierre Waidmann (1860 -1937), French painter and landscaper. He moved to Paris at the end of the 1870s, and his first mentors were Ferdinand Humbert (1842-1934) and Louis Français (1814-1897). In 1890, he was living in Paris, at 66 "rue de Lisbonne", in the 8e Arrondissement. He stayed regularly in Remiremont in the "Vosges", where his grandfather lived and he painted many landscapes of these surroundings. Pierre was part of this transitional period from the romantic movement to the naturalist.
The nuances of this canvas are finely elaborated, thanks to the perspectives of the material and the visible brush strokes. The bucolic effect is impactful to the eye.
- Overall size: 18.8" x 22"/ 48cm x 56cm.
- Size Without the frame: 12.2" x 14.9" / 31cm x 38.5cm.
- Provenance: France.
- Signed: Yes, Pierre Waidmann.
- Date: 1849-1937.
- Condition: excellent condition. The canvas is very slightly cracked at the bottom right, but this can only be seen very closely. This beautiful gilded stucco frame has some cracks on the inside-outside edge of the frame. But the gilding has been reworked in those places. The work is very robust.
- Materials: Oil on stretched canvas.
- Shipping: Free Worldwide DHL Express to USA & Europe (otherwise free shipping via Colissimo).