Antique oil painting from France: An impressionist canvas signed Peltier (top left) and dated 1933 on the back. The work represents the village of Saint-Cénéri-Le-Gérei in the heart of the Alps. This place is officially one of the most beautiful villages in France (Plus Beaux Villages de France). In the 19th century, the village attracted many painters, including Corot and Courbet.
Peltier was generous with the material, offering interesting and deep reliefs to the canvas. Soft light and cold tones also emerge from this accumulation of dark tones with purple and plum roofs. The houses are in perfect harmony with the complex green palette in the foreground.
- Overall Size: 20.4" x 26.7" / 52cm x 68.5cm.
- Size without the frame: 14.1" x 20.8" / 36.5cm x 53cm.
- Provenance: France.
- Signed: Yes, Peltier, at the top left.
- Date: 1933.
- Condition: The canvas is in perfect condition. The frame has no missing pieces and gives a lot of character to the work.
- Materials: Oil on stretched canvas.
- Shipping: Free Worldwide DHL Express to USA & Europe with a surcharge for Australia