19th century Spanish school oil painting on canvas signed by the artist in the lower righthand corner "Marisol" (19th century) and dated 1850. The work is smooth to the touch.
The painting portrays a young Spanish woman wearing a lace headdress, a veil, gold earrings, and a white rose. The brushstrokes are precise and intricate. Amidst the absence of other adornments, the white rose, often a simple symbol of purity, stands out prominently. The woman is depicted with a remarkably fresh and sculptural appearance, with two buds on the verge of blooming. The realism in the portrait is noteworthy, particularly in the depiction of the transparency of the veil and lace.
- Overall size: 12.9" x 10.2" / 33.5cm x 26.5cm.
- Country: Spain.
- Signed: Marisol (19th century).
- Date: 1850.
- Condition: The work is overall very well preserved for its age. There are, however, some veins, and small gaps on the edges and corners. She would be a wonderful candidate for a frame.
- Materials: Oil on stretched canvas.
- Shipping: Free Global Shipping with a small surcharge for Australia and Asia.