Antique Painting from France: French School of the XIXth Oil on canvas signed Victor Pierre Ménard (1857-1938), with the stamp from his workshop at the bottom left. The work is titled "Sommeil" (sleep).
The canvas has layers of paint and texture on the wheat and vegetation all around the model, creating a beautiful effect of depth. The natural palette and the play of light subtly reproduce the shade of the tree on the ground. Ménard perfectly transcribes the peaceful atmosphere of this scene with moving realism and attention to detail.
- Overall size: 12.9" x 18.1" / 33.5cm x 46cm.
- Provenance: France.
- Signed: Yes, Victor Pierre Ménard (1857-1938).
- Date: XIXth century.
- Condition: The canvas is in very good condition, with a few minor flaws.
- Materials: Oil on stretched canvas.
- Shipping: Free Worldwide DHL Express to USA & Europe (otherwise free shipping via Colissimo.