Original oil painting: A still life from the 20th-century French school. The seafoam pastel background is a perfect vintage palette for the explosion of colors in the flowers of the bouquet. The fine lines, and the contrasts of the florals with the chinoiserie creates a statement piece. The painter plays with bold violets while encircling this bouquet with beet and plum hues. The light beige frame is set back to better bring the colors to life while maintaining a discreet and classic charm.
- Overall size: 29.9" x 24" / 76cm x 61cm.
- Size without the frame: 25.1" x 18.8" / 64cm x 48.5cm.
- Provenance: France.
- Signed: Yes, M. Dertala.
- Date: Early-Mid 1900's.
- Condition: The canvas has 2 notable gaps. The first is (2.7") in between the three purple flowers on the right. The second missing paint area is below the signature (5"). The work has small cracks overall, and a vintage charm. The frame is not original and has no major impact.
- Materials: Oil on stretched canvas.
- Shipping: Free Worldwide DHL Express to USA & Europe (otherwise free shipping via Colissimo).