20th century French School oil painting on wood signed Marie Jannot-Pinel (1874-1934) and dated 1927. The work has a little texture to the touch.
A French coastal landscape with a voluminous brushstroke. The pastel color palette and the light gradient are perfectly mastered. A vaporous veil extends towards the horizon and its reliefs offer a poetic immersion in the last moments of the day.
About the artist: Marie Jannot-Pinel (1874-1934) is a French Impressionist painter born in Lyon (Rhone) on January 20, 1874. She stands out for her use of pastel colors and constant light research for her seascapes and city views paintings. She won several prizes in French salons and some of her works are now in Lyonnais museums.
- Overall size: 14.1" x 16.9 " / 36cm x 43.5cm.
- Size without the frame: 10.6" x 13.7" / 27cm x 35cm.
- Country: France.
- Signed: Marie Jannot-Pinel (1874-1934).
- Date: 1927.
- Condition: The panel is in very good condition despite a small lack of material in the center right of the sky and a left side above the vegetation. The frame is in good condition with small lacks and impacts due to age.
- Materials: Oil on wood panel.
- Shipping: Free Worldwide DHL Express to USA & Europe (otherwise free shipping via Colissimo).