20th-century French school oil on canvas signed by the artist in the lower left-hand corner "Jean Trescal" (19th and 20th century). The work has a little texture to the touch.
A still life depicting a kitchen scene. The painting is rendered using fluid and spontaneous brushstrokes. The technique appears dynamic due to the numerous volumes present in each element. The tea towel enhances the contrast with the darker elements while introducing movement and perspective through its folds and the interplay of shadows. The wooden and light stucco frame adds a final touch of brightness and complements the brown background seamlessly.
- Overall size: 19.2" x 22" / 49cm x 56cm.
- Size without the frame: 12.5 x 15.7" / 32.5cm x 40.5cm.
- Country: France.
- Signed: Jean Trescal (19th and 20th century).
- Date: Early 20th-century.
- Condition: The work is in very good condition despite some rare small losses. The framework has some minor impacts.
- Materials: Oil on canvas with a wood and stucco frame.
- Shipping: Free Global Shipping with a small surcharge for Australia and Asia.