19th-century Swiss School oil on wood painting signed Meta Löwe (19th century) in the upper right. The work is smooth to the touch.
A bust portrait representing a Swiss man at the end of the 19th century. The character's gaze is piercing, and has a deep assuredness. The subtle color nuances in the face and beard are realistic. The work of light also holds a central place in this portrait, as a quarter of the right side of the face is almost entirely plunged into shadow. The old double frame and its caramel velvet lining give elegance to the work.
- Overall Size: 24.4" x 20" / 62.5cm x 51cm.
Size without the frame: 18.8" x 14.1" / 48cm x 36.5cm.
- Country: Swiss.
- Signed: Meta Löwe (19th century).
- Date: Late-1800s.
- Condition: The panel has some cracks, impacts, and veins due to age. The frame also has small gaps and impacts.
- Materials: Oil on wood panel in an antique frame.
- Shipping: Free global shipping to the US and Europe. A surcharge is added for Australia and New Zealand, and Asia.