Vintage art from France: French school of the XIXth century oil on canvas painting signed Victor Pierre Ménard (1857-1938), marked with the stamp of his workshop lower right.
The surface of the canvas has thicknesses on the hills in the foreground, where the brushstroke becomes lighter over the rise. The palette is complex and is based on a deep study of the landscape and natural world, resulting in a realistic painting with magnificent depth.
- Overall size: 12.9" x 20.8" / 33.5cm x 53cm.
- Size without the Frame: 11" x 18.1" / 28cm x 46cm.
- Provenance: France.
- Signed: Yes, Victor Pierre Ménard (1857-1938).
- Date: Late 1800's.
- Condition: The canvas is in an excellent state of conservation content of its age. The frame is also in very good condition despite a slight opening in the junction of the upper left corner.
- Materials: Oil on stretched canvas.
- Shipping: Free Worldwide DHL Express to USA & Europe, with a surcharge for Australia.