19th century French School of oil on wood signed lower left by Alain Bonnaud (19th-20th century). The artwork is smooth to the touch.
A Barbizon school landscape with light mainly concentrated in the center of the work between the water and the sky. The fisherman's boat is almost obscured in the vegetation where only his net pulls him out of the darkness. The thick vegetation along the river demands a color palette focused on a wide range of green.
- Overall size: 14.1" x 8.6" / 36.5cm x 22cm.
- Provenance: France.
- Signed: Alain Bonnaud (19th-20th century).
- Date: Late 19th century.
- Condition: The panel has a closed slit in the center-left which extends 4.7". There is a small impact in the upper center of the sky and a small lack on the vertical center right edge.
- Materials: Oil on wood panel.
- Shipping: Free Worldwide DHL Express to USA & Europe (otherwise free shipping via Colissimo).