19th century French School oil painting on canvas. The work is smooth to the touch.
A composition with low light and significant chiaroscuro following the painting from left to right. The painter created a masterful darkening that brings out the light on the peaches' skin, creating realism and relief with the shape of the fruits. The gilding of the wooden and stucco frame contrasts elegantly with this dark oil background.
- Overall size: 16.5" x 19.6" / 42.5cm x 50.5cm.
- Size without the frame: 10.6" x 13.7" / 27.5cm x 35cm.
- Provenance: France.
- Signed: Anonymous.
- Date: Late 19th century.
- Condition: The canvas has veins and small stains. The frame is in very good condition.
- Materials: Oil on canvas.
- Shipping: Free Worldwide DHL Express to USA & Europe (with a surcharge for Australia/New Zealand)