A landscape of striking light and dark contrasts. This painting on wood is signed below on the right, Thunus. According to our sources, the artist is of Belgium heritage and affiliated to the artistic group, the Luminists.
Thulus was part of the Liégeoise School of Landscapes, which was in vogue between 1880 and 1950. The movement arose in the Ardennes and was strongly influenced by the French Impressionists. And like them, the Belgian Luminists members maintain a spiritual bond, freedom of thought and of perceiving. They cultivate a vision of idealized nature, interpreting the landscape according to their personal genius.
- Overall size: 18,8" x 17,7" / 48cm x 45cm.
- Size without the frame: 13,7" x 12,5" / 35cm x 32cm.
- Provenance: Belgium.
- Signed: Yes, Thunus.
- Date: 1880 - 1950.
- Condition: The oil panel is in excellent condition. The frame is not original and has undergone almost no loss or impacts, apart from the inner frame at the top right (1 ").
- Materials: Oil on stretched canvas.
- Shipping: Free Worldwide DHL Express to USA & Europe (otherwise free shipping via Colissimo).