20th-century French School oil on canvas signed G.David (XIX & XXth century) and dated 1921 in the lower left. The artwork is smooth to the touch.
A street view of a village or town in the south of France with a central figure walking below the high stone walls. The figure may be an artist as they carry a backpack, and stand reflectively in the shadow of the walls. The brushstrokes are regular and discreet. The golden frame and its blackened moldings are in harmony with the baked palette and dark accents of the view.
- Overall Size: 14.1" x 11" / 36cm x 28cm.
Size without the frame: 10.2" x 7" / 26cm x 18cm.
- Country: France.
- Signed: G. David (XIX & XXth century).
- Date: 1921.
- Condition: The canvas is in good condition despite small traces from age. The frame has some gaps and impacts but the overall condition is good.
- Materials: Oil on a stretched canvas with a wood and stucco frame.
- Shipping: Free global shipping to the US and Europe. A surcharge is added for Australia and New Zealand, and Asia.