Bouquet of Flowers
Original Still Life oil painting on carton from France: Oil painting on carton from the 19th-century French School, signed in the lower left corner, Aline Le Mouton (1892-1971).
Le Mouton creates a magnificent depth to her composition thanks to a generous brush and a smooth surface. The background is heavily nuanced, with chestnut bronze brown oscillating on the sage green, and becoming almost chrome in the shadows. The reflections are perfectly mastered by the artist, and dance everywhere around the bouquet, like light scattered.
About the artist: The female painter comes from the Rouen School, where she attended the Beaux-Arts in the Normandy capital. She traveled frequently in Europe and around the globe. She produced many landscapes in tawny colors, in addition to her floral compositions.
- Overall size: 21.6" x 18.1" / 55cm x 46cm.
- Provenance: France.
- Signed: Yes, Aline Le Mouton (1892-1971).
- Date: Mid 1900's.
- Condition: Very good general condition with small wrinkles and curves along the edges of the carton, which is common for vintage works in this material.
- Materials: Oil on carton (a thick cardboard used by painters)
- Shipping: Free Worldwide DHL Express to USA & Europe, with a surcharge for Australia.