Bouquet of Roses
Antique oil painting from France: Oil painting on canvas signed Héléne Bokanowski (1910-2000) and dated '57.
The female artist Bokanowski created this simple and lovely still life, which is incredibly dynamic upon closer inspection. The paint is applied in thick and smooth brushes, creating interesting volume. There is a play of realism to the work, with the bright, almost "pop-like" flowers emerging from the matte black background.
About the artist: Héléne Bokanowski (1910-2000) was a French poet, essayist, translator and painter. She was also the wife of politician Michel Maurice Bokanowski (1912-2005), and the niece of art collector Alphonse Kann (1870-1948).
- Overall size: 15.3" x 9.8" / 39cm x 25cm.
- Size without the frame: 12.2" x 6.6" / 31cm x 17.5cm.
- Provenance: France.
- Signed: Yes, H. Bokanowski (1910-2000).
- Date: 1957.
- Condition: The canvas is in very good condition. The frame has no shortages but small losses of gilding on the outer edges.
- Materials: Oil on stretched canvas.
- Shipping: Free Worldwide DHL Express to USA & Europe, with a surcharge for Australia and New Zealand.