Dans Les Bois
Antique oil landscape from France: 19th-century French School of Barbizon oil on canvas signed (illegible) in the lower right. The work has a little texture on the foreground of the undergrowth. The paint has light craquelures across the surface from age which add to the museum quality of this rare painting.
This landscape has the luminosity typical of the Barbizon school, where the palette and light harmonize with realism and a fascination of nature. We can see a woman in the middle of the path, in symbiosis with the birch forest around her. This is an immense and captivating painting, with excellent details and remarkable depth. It is paired with a gorgeous significant antique frame, very heavy and intricate with multiple layers of moulding and guilding, in excellent condition for age.
- Overall size: 25.1" x 20" / 64cm x 51cm.
- Size without the Frame: 15.7" x 11" / 40cm x 28cm.
- Provenance: France.
- Signed: Yes (illegible).
- Date: 19th-century.
- Materials: Oil on canvas.
- Condition: The canvas is in excellent condition despite its closely visible veins due to age. The wood and stucco frame is in excellent condition with a small loss in the upper right corner. The moldings are in perfect condition.
- Shipping: Free Worldwide DHL Express to USA & Europe, with a surcharge for Australia.