Roses and Tulips
Antique Art From France: French School Still life oil painting on canvas circa 1900 and Monogrammed "MJ" in the lower right hand coorner. The canvas has a smooth finish with a patina and matte effect.
The composition is all in volume, the light is fragile but present and in perfect balance with the dark brown sepia shades of the background. The shadows and reflections support this thread of light that touches the roses and tulips, like the white areas of reflections on the vase. A highly detailed and masterful work, rare from this period.
- Overall size: 17.3" x 14.1" / 44cm x 36.5cm.
- Size without the Frame: 12.2" x 9.4" / 31cm x 24cm.
- Provenance: France.
- Signed: Yes, MJ.
- Date: Circa 1900.
- Condition: The canvas is in an excellent state of conservation. The frame has marks of time and multiple gaps on the upper and lower horizontal outer edges mainly and a significant lack on the upper horizontal edge (1.7 ").
- Materials: Oil on stretched canvas.
- Shipping: Free Worldwide DHL Express to USA & Europe. Shipping to Australia with a surcharge.