Original Still Life from France: Double-sided oil painting on carton (a hard cardboard) from the 19th-century French School, signed in the lower left corner Aline Le Mouton (1892-1971). The back of the painting is painted with a landscape and path through the trees. Oftentimes artists used both sides of a material in their ateliers.
The work is voluminous, featuring a beautiful bouquet of gladiolus. With thick and visible brushstrokes, Le Mouton created a super rich bouquet of color and movement.
About the artist: The female painter came from the Rouen School, where she attended the Beaux-Arts in the Normandy capital. She traveled frequently in Europe and around the globe. She produced many landscapes in tawny colors, in addition to her floral compositions.
- Overall size: 25.5" x 21.2" / 65cm x 54cm.
- Provenance: France.
- Signed: Yes, Aline Le Mouton (1892-1971).
- Date: Mid 1900's.
- Condition: There is a gap (0.1") in the upper left corner but other than that the cardboard is in very good condition.
- Materials: Oil on cardboard.
- Shipping: Free Worldwide DHL Express to USA & Europe, with a surcharge for Australia and New Zealand.