Original oil Landscape painting: Oil painting on carton monogrammed in the lower right with the initials "SA" for Albert Edmond Sardin (1874-1947).
The scene shows boats stranded on a beach in the low tide, a familiar scene in Normandy and Brittany. The color palette is lovely and muted in this impressionist landscape, embellished by its frame sculpted perfectly in the sand tones that match the beach. La Marée means "the tide" in French.
About the artist: Albert Edmond Sardin was a painter, engraver, lithographer, illustrator and decorator born in 1874. He set up his Parisian workshop in the 15th arrondissement and presented his first paintings at the Salon in 1902. With his talent for impressionism and carefully selected colors, success quickly came. He received numerous state commissions and several of his paintings are part of the collections owned by the city of Paris.
- Overall size: 13.7" x 17.3" / 35cm x 44cm.
- Size without the frame: 9" x 12.2" / 23cm x 31cm.
- Provenance: France.
- Signed: Yes, Albert Edmond Sardin (1874-1947).
- Date: Early 1900's.
- Condition: The panel and the frame are in excellent condition.
- Materials: Oil on cardboard.
- Shipping: Free Worldwide DHL Express to USA & Europe, with a surcharge for Australia.