French Vintage Oil Painting: French school of the twentieth-century oil on wood panel signed/engraved M. Rutten (1891- 1981) in the lower right corner. The work is titled "Populages des Marais" (Marsh Marigolds) and dated April 14, 1925 on the back.
The panel has thicknesses on the petals and other elements of the composition. The brushstrokes are marked on the flowers and the light is perfectly balanced thanks to the dark nuances of the background and the textures of the walls which reinforce perspective and depth. The work is a mix of raw textures and fine details. The colors harmonize with the Terre de Sienne brown wooden frame and its textured surface.
- Overall size: 13.3" x 12.2" / 34.5cm x 31.5cm.
- Size without the frame: 12.2" x 11" / 31cm x 28cm.
- Provenance: Belgium.
- Signed: Yes, M. Rutten (1891- 1981).
- Date: 1925.
- Condition: The painting and frame are in excellent condition.
- Materials: Oil on wood.
- Shipping: Free Worldwide DHL Express to USA & Europe (otherwise free shipping via Colissimo).