Fine art for sale: French School of the 20th-century oil on canvas signed lower left (illegible). The work presents the model with texture.
An Impressionist work with dazzling light and a complex palette. The chiaroscuros are perfectly balanced. The brushstrokes are fragmented with mastery and give a lot of volume and movement to the characters. Showing a woman holding what appears to be a baby in the forest or garden, with a blanket. A peaceful and intimate scene even in the blur of it's brushstroke.
- Overall size: 14.5" x 11.2" / 37cm x 28.5cm.
- Size without the frame: 13.7" x 10.6" / 35cm x 27.5cm.
- Provenance: France.
- Signed: Yes (illegible).
- Date: Early 1900's.
- Condition: The canvas has visible material losses and fibers in certain places due to time. The frame has some small gaps and impacts.
- Materials: Oil on canvas.
- Shipping: Free Worldwide DHL Express to USA & Europe (otherwise free shipping via Colissimo).