Antique Portrait of a Woman: French School of the 19th-century oil on canvas. This Orientalist bust portrait is signed Marguerite M (illegible name) and inspired by another Orientalist portrait with a touch of Renaissance. The profile view and eyes cast upwards reveal a spiritual dimension.
The scarf tones reveal how the colors of the painting have changed and accumulated patina over time. But the light on the woman's face remains bright and rosy.
This painting has dramatic signs of age, perfect for a worn old world decor.
- Overall size: 15.9" x 12.5" / 40.5cm x 32cm.
- Provenance: France.
- Signed: Marguerite M (illegible name).
- Date: Early-Mid 1800's.
- Condition: The work has traces and a lack at the level of the throat of the model which extends over 1.1" diameter as well as a smaller one on the left shoulder. The painting presents some veins areas like the one near the chin.
- Materials: Oil on canvas.
- Shipping: Free Worldwide DHL Express to USA & Europe (otherwise free shipping via Colissimo).