Antique French painting from France: 19th century British School oil on carton signed Cécil CP Lawson (1849-1882). Dated January 1910 and located at 2 rue Cassini Quai des Grands Augustins (left bank quays in Paris) on the back.
The work represents the flood of the Seine in 1910, often described as a centennial flood, and the largest known overflow of the Seine since 1658. The Marais district was submerged, like many others. The panel has no thicknesses on the surface. A work with a beautiful gradient of natural light and a pastel blue and sand orange palette.
About the artist: Cecil Gordon Lawson was a British painter who specialized in landscapes. He was born December 14, 1849 in Shrewsbury and died June 10, 1882 in Haslemere.
- Overall size: 10.6" x 13.7" / 27cm x 35cm.
- Provenance: France.
- Signed: Yes, Cécil CP Lawson (1849-1882).
- Date: 1910.
- Materials: Oil on carton.
- Condition: The panel is in very good condition despite some small traces due to time.
- Shipping: Free Worldwide DHL Express to USA & Europe, with a surcharge for Australia.