Antique oil painting from Europe: Large Scale Belgian School of the twentieth-century oil on canvas signed Marcel De Lince (1886-1958).
This canvas has real contrasts of of texture and a beautiful wave of the brush, with a regular but very animated stroke. The lines of the trees and house are almost animated. The work is also in motion, swept by a powerful wind. The palette subtly blends with the shadows and color nuances of the earth and vegetation, creating a ballet of colors that we do not usually see in this period of work. The landscape is worked in the emotion of the post-impressionist style where the artist frees himself from academia with a captivating emotion.
About the artist: Marcel De Lince (1886-1958) was a Belgian Post-Impressionist Painter. He was a pupil of A. deWitte and E. Berchmans at the Académie de Liège. He created landscapes, marine works and portraits.
- Overall Size: 29.5" x 33.4 " / 75cm x 85cm.
- Size without the frame: 19.6" x 23.6" / 50cm x 60cm.
- Provenance: Belgium.
- Signed: Yes, Marcel De Lince (1886-1958).
- Date: XXth century.
- Condition: The canvas is in excellent condition. The frame is also in very good condition despite small chips on the edges, the main one of 0.7 "on the upper right vertical edge.
- Materials: Oil on stretched canvas.
- Shipping: Free Worldwide DHL Express to USA & Europe with a surcharge for Australia.