Woman in Red
Original antique portrait: 19th-century French School oil on canvas. The work has no superficial texture on the canvas.
An Impressionist portrait bust in profile with careful work on the light thanks to the contrast between the mineral blue background and the model's skin. The technique of splitting the focus here gives an impression of movement in what is frozen and is striking in its realism. The feeling of closeness and intimacy with the model is strong and makes us want to understand this inner expression. The woman in red appears to hold a cigarette and watch something carefully.
- Overall size: 20" x 16.1" / 51cm x 41cm.
- size without the frame: 16.1" x 12.5" / 41cm x 32cm.
- Provenance: France.
- Signed: Anonymous.
- Date: Early 1900's.
- Condition: The canvas is in good condition despite a restoration patch on the back and visible painted restorations in the models' hair (3"). Visible close up, but well blended. The frame is also in good condition with its magnificent foliage moldings and its slightly coppery gilding.
- Materials: Oil on canvas.
- Shipping: Free Worldwide DHL Express to USA & Europe (otherwise free shipping via Colissimo).