Tulips and Leeks
Original oil painting from France: A rare large scale still life with tulips and leeks. An early 20th-century school work with a classic composition in sober colors. There is a beautiful thickness of paint and brushstroke on the tulips. The light is focused, concentrated on the subject, the room seems to be plunged into the darkness around the table. The shadows and reflections are worked and give beautiful dimensions to the elements.
- Overall size: 34.2" x 29.1" / 87cm x 74.5cm.
- Size without the frame: 27.9" x 23.2" / 71cm x 59cm.
- Provenance: France.
- Signed: No.
- Date: Early 1900s.
- Condition: The canvas is in very good condition, with no losses despite visible veins and a cracked effect. The golden frame is darkened over time, which gives it a certain cachet and goes well with the veiled light of the work. It has impacts with losses in several places, mainly concentrated on the right vertical side, the most important loss extends over 8.2". There are smaller gaps at the upper-lower horizontal level.
- Materials: Oil on stretched canvas.
- Shipping: Free Worldwide DHL Express to USA & Europe, with a surcharge for Australia.