French School 19th-century painting oil on carton, signed by A. Niz (19th century). The artwork features a paper salon number (65) in the top left corner, from a competition or show that the painting appeared in. The artwork has a bit of texture to the touch.
The scene portrays a lakeside landscape with a fisherman at the center. The brushstrokes are densely applied and controlled in the foreground, transitioning to a softer, hazier style in the background to convey atmospheric perspective. The sense of depth is achieved through the interplay of distant light. The gilded frame showcases rare foliage patterns, enhancing the timeless charm of the overall work.
- Overall Size: 11" x 13.7" / 28cm x 35cm.
- Size without the frame: 6.4" x 8.8" / 16.5cm x 22.5cm.
- Country: France.
- Signed: A. Niz (19th century).
- Date: Late 1800's.
- Condition: The carton is in very good condition. The old frame has missing moldings and partially restored corners.
- Materials: Oil on carton with a stucco and wood frame.
- Shipping: Free global shipping is included with this painting. A surcharge is added for Australia and New Zealand, and Asia.