Vue du Clocher
20th-century French School oil painting on canvas signed in the lower left (illegible). The work has texture to the touch.
A field and bell tower view, presumably the edge of a small hamlet. We see a figure and an animal visible next to a haystack in the field. The light is balanced, and the landscape seems to have been made with a knife using the stacking technique. The field and sky are full of volume and intensity. These two reliefs contrast with a more controlled and smooth artistic approach to the church, creating a beautiful effect of texture depth.
- Overall Size: 14.9" x 18.8" / 38cm x 48.5cm.
Size without the frame: 9.4" x 13.7" / 24cm x 35cm.
- Country: France.
- Signed: Yes but illegible (20th-century).
- Date: Early 20th-century.
- Condition: The canvas has traces and small gaps on the pictorial layer. The frame has impacts and lacks in certain angles, and has been restored.
- Materials: Oil on stretched canvas with a wood frame.
- Shipping: Free global shipping to the US and Europe. A surcharge is added for Australia and New Zealand, and Asia.