Vintage art in a gold frame: 20th century French School oil portrait on canvas, mounted on cardboard.
An iconographic portrait of the Virgin, with rich tones and great shapes. The painting has well-distributed layers of paints, and marked brushstrokes. The Virgin is brought into focus against the pale azure blue background, and its golden halo. The cobalt blue of her tunic brings out even more the luminosity and reflections on her face, with the wide inquisitive eyes and lifted lip. The gilded frame is simple but creates an additional layer of gold, which gives a radiance to the whole piece.
- Overall size: 18.8" x 14.5" / 48cm x 37.5cm.
- Size without the Frame: 17.3" x 13.3" / 44.5cm x 34.5cm.
- Provenance: France.
- Signed: No.
- Date: 20th century.
- Condition: The canvas is in excellent condition. The frame has marks and impacts and the ends of the angles are a little chipped.
- Materials: Oil on canvas mounted on cardboard.
- Shipping: Free Worldwide DHL Express to USA & Europe, with a surcharge for Australia and New Zealand.