Dans la Vallée
20th century French School oil on canvas (large-scale) signed lower right René Georges Gautier (1887-1969) and dedicated. The artwork is smooth to the touch despite some texture on the trees.
Bright and lively hilly landscape with a remarkable depth by its slightly dipped angle and a mastered atmospheric perspective work detailing the fading detail with distance. The horizontal line continuation of the valleys gives a serene aspect to the view. The light color palette is tempered and the luminosity is perfectly calibrated.
About the artist: René Georges Gautier was a French designer, illustrator, painter and poster artist born in Paris in 1887. He died in Thonon-Les-Bains (Lake Geneva) in 1969. He was a member of the Committee of the "Association of veteran painters and sculptors" and several of his First World War drawings and oil paintings are in French museums.
- Overall size: 27.5" x 35.8" / 70.5cm x 91.5cm.
- Size without the frame: 23.6" x 31.8" / 60cm x 81.5cm.
- Provenance: France.
- Signed: René Georges Gautier (1887-1969).
- Date: Mid 20th century.
- Condition: The canvas is in very good condition. The frame has several gaps and impacts on the edges and angles.
- Materials: Oil on canvas.
- Shipping: Free Worldwide DHL Express to USA & Europe (otherwise free shipping via Colissimo).